Self-employed, or hoping to be in future? Flourishing freelancer with a budding business idea?
On Wednesday 14th November, we’re hosting our first EVER event, and we’d love for you to be there! Join us at IdeaSpace for a panel discussion and informal networking drinks, to chat about all things self-employed life.
Desk Life Project began as a way to provide advice and inspiration for those starting their self-employed journey, but we’ve since grown into quite the community. Becoming self-employed can be scary, and working alone means it’s not often we get to chat with likeminded people about how it feels to say goodbye to your regular salary, the loneliness that comes with working solo, and setting your own career goals for the first time. So, we’re bringing you all together to chat about all of the above and more, plus a chance for you to network in a fun, informal environment – let’s face it, nobody likes formal introductions!
Moderated by Desk Life Project founder Caitlin McAllister, you’ll hear from:
- Gemma Scopes (founder of How To Make Friends) to discuss the loneliness and mindset aspects of self-employed life
- Julia Day (founder of Easy as VAT) to discuss the financial side of going it alone
- Jess Ratcliffe (founder of Unleash Your Extraordinary) to discuss setting, and achieving, those big career goals
The panel talk will be followed by:
- A Q&A (your chance to pick the speakers’ brains!)
- Some relaxed, informal networking
- Drinks and nibbles
- A few exciting freebies for starting your own business!
We hope to see lots of you there, and really look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions about the evening or would like to have your business/products featured in our goody bags, feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wednesday 14th November 2018
Time: 7.30pm – 10pm
Location: IdeaSpace, 83 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 5QL
Sponsored by Croissant
On Saturday 3rd of November in Clapham, London, Jess Ratcliffe will be hosting a version of her highly praised, intimate Unleash Your Extraordinary workshop (tailored to self-employed people!), usually £249, and she has generously offered 5 Desk Life Project community members an amazing 25% off, which makes your ticket only £186.75. We know that this investment will be worth it for many of you who have a big vision. That said, we know that as new freelancers and new business owners finances can be tough. If this investment is the only thing stopping you from joining us at this intensive workshop, please do get in touch so we can help to make this possible for you.
To grab your ticket, head to the Eventbrite page here, and don’t forget to enter the code DESKLIFE to receive your 25% discount. Here’s what Jess and others say about the workshop…
Does it feel like you’re constantly treading the line between self-belief and crippling self-doubt?
Does it feel like you have a vision – or an inkling of a vision – that’s SO big, the thought of making it reality excites and scares the sh*t out of you in equal measure?
With a vision SO big, does it feel like you’re not sure where to start or if you’re working on the “right” things?
Unleash Your Extraordinary is for YOU.
Join me – Jess Ratcliffe – for an intimate and immersive coaching workshop that will leave you and your mindset forever changed – equipped with everything you need to turn your vision into reality.
As a result of our time together, you’ll walk away with:
- Clarity on what you want – what you really, really want – and the confidence to make it happen
- Awareness of your out-of-sight blockers and why they’re holding you back
- Practical tools to break through those blockers, test your assumptions, release your negative self-talk and increase your energy
- A roadmap of exciting next steps that propel you towards your vision
- A set of daily habits to integrate your new mindset, build your confidence and take consistent action
Transformative. Life changing. Emboldening.
Your investment includes:
• The Unleash Your Extraordinary workshop – 2½ hours
• A private 1:1 coaching session (over Skype) with Jess following the workshop – 1½ hours
• Everything you need on the day – notebooks, pens, drinks, etc.
If the investment is the only thing blocking you from joining, please get in touch.
“Unleash Your Extraordinary is a transformative experience – it helped me consider my life, career, and even my own mortality with the lens “What do I want to be possible?”. Jess is an inspiring coach and I’m looking forward to working with her again.” — Merci G., Founder of Women in Product & Former Director of Product, Slack
“Everyone left inspired, excited and determined to make positive changes. Jess is an inspiration – she is natural, open and personable and this came across when she instantly captured the audience. Jess’ style of presenting is honest and passionate. And she encouraged everyone to put themselves into a place where they could unleash their extraordinary!” — Saskia D., Head of Virgin Group Communications
“I left empowered and full of purpose to go out and start working towards the future that I want. Jess is an utterly captivating speaker and facilitator. With her positive energy, she managed to create an atmosphere of complete openness amongst strangers in a few minutes. Jess is an extraordinary coach – her capacity to truly listen, understand and break down the current situation you are experiencing is simply rare.” – Liat W., Freelance Product Manager